Pepper Jack Bacon Burger with Avocado Cilantro Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Melted pepper jack on top of a juicy burger with some crispy bacon is pretty much perfect. Add in a creamy avocado cilantro sauce, and we’ve elevated perfection.
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 burger patties
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp water (if needed)
- Romaine lettuce
- 3 toasted burger buns
- 1. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Once hot, sauté and cook the bacon until desired crispiness (about 3-4 minutes per side). Set aside on paper towels. Reserve 1-2 tbsp of bacon fat in the pan and keep theskillet hot.
- 2. Add the beef patties to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side for a medium cooked burger, 2-3 minutes each side for a medium well - well done burger. Once the burger is flipped over, add the cheese.
- 3. Meanwhile make the sauce: in a food processor or blender, blend avocado, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, sea salt, and water. Blend until smooth, adding in additional water if needed.
- 4. Serve burgers hot and assemble by topping each patty with bacon, romaine lettuce, and the avocado cilantro sauce.
Chipotle Steak Fajitas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Chipotle Steak Fajitas are for those busy weeknights when you want a flavorful and easy meal to impress. Full of flavor, and just the right amount of kick. This simple meal comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or red onion sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (for serving)
- Optional toppings: guacamole, salsa, cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a sheet pan in the oven to heat up while preparing the dish.
- 2. Make marinade: in a blender or food processor, blend oil, vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, soy sauce, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and cilantro. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- 3. Cover flank steak with marinade, reserving 1/4 cup for the vegetables. Marinade for as little as 10 minutes, or up to 48 hours.
- 4. Remove the pan from the oven. Place the flank steak in the center, and arrange the peppers and onions around the steak. Brush the vegetables with remaining marinade.
- 5. Place in the oven, and bake for 12-14 minutes. Now change the oven to broil, and keep in the oven for an additional 2 minutes to give the steak a nice sear.
- 6. Remove from oven, and let rest, covered with foil for 10 minutes. To serve, slice against the grain. Serve over rice, or in a tortilla. Top with cheese, guacamole, salsa, or other optional toppings.
Easy Skillet New York Strip Steak
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
A good cut of meat doesn’t require many ingredients for it to taste absolutely mouth-watering delicious. All you need is some salt, Montreal steak seasoning, butter, and garlic for this recipe. You’ll love the way this NY Strip comes out perfectly, from the skillet to the oven - and it only takes about 20 minutes.
- 2 New York strip steaks
- Sea salt
- 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh thyme for serving
- 1. One day prior to making this steak, lightly salt the outside of the steak. If you forget this step, go ahead and do it at least 45 minutes prior to cooking. This helps to add moisture and flavor to the steak.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Pat the steaks dry and season with Montreal steak seasoning.
- 3. Once the skillet is hot, add the butter and let it melt. Place the steaks in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip over to the other side. Cook another 2 minutes, add the garlic to the outskirts of the pan. Transfer to the hot oven.
- 4. Cook for 4-5 minutes in the oven for a rare to medium-rare steak, 6 minutes for medium, and 7 minutes for well done.
- 5. Serve hot and spoon the garlic butter sauce on top of each steak. Garnish with fresh thyme